So I signed up to take a class led by Kristen Lamb on blogging. I may find writing fun, but blogging…well, constant topics I can talk about in 400 words or less is a bit tougher. I’ve met a lot of great people through the class, and one decided to award me the Inspiring Blogger Award!
Before you get all impressed … it’s basically just a fun way to get to know other people. The rules are simple: I thank the person who gave me the award and link back to her blog so you can check her out. Then, I have to share seven things about myself, and pass the award onto 14 others.
So, without further explanation, thank you SJ! She’s got an impressive writing background and lived from New York to Texas to San Jose! You really should check out her blog. She has an interesting seven things! Click HERE.
Without further delay…my seven things.
1. Born into a military family and then marrying a military man, I’ve moved a lot. But, with the exception of traveling through Canada multiple times, I’ve always lived in the USA.
2. Although I appreciate the Appalachia Mountains, I LOVE the Rocky Mountains. I can’t really explain it. I’ve seen some beautiful mountain sights in Virginia and West Virginia, but my preference is still the Western ranges.
3. I love animals. My family has talked me into owning three dogs (biggest one is 15 pounds), a yellow-bellied slider (water turtle), a cat, and two betas. Going on vacation always requires intense planning!
4. We homeschool our children. Our oldest doesn’t want to consider going to traditional school. She likes staying up late reading, sleeping in, doing school while sitting on her bed and getting a snack or lunch whenever she’s hungry. The other two? Well .. the boys would prefer to not consider any school!
5. I’ve always loved to read. I can remember lots of nights staying up reading, then slushing through my next school day because I just couldn’t put the book down. I think one particular caffeinated drink saved me in high school! Any guesses??
6. I’ve not always loved writing. It was always something I had to do to complete a school assignment. Then God tricked me! He got me into writing weekly devotionals…which led to a writing class where I discovered I LOVED writing fiction.
7. I think the reading and writing addiction has been passed on to my daughter. I think I already spend more on her books than I do mine, and that’s before you count in the money she spends herself on new books (because she has more time to read! I’m so jealous of that!!). But she’s also began writing fiction…and she’s pretty good! Needs some practical training, but LOTS of potential!
And so, that’s seven things about me. If you’re still reading, you either skipped ahead or it wasn’t too boring. Either way, here are the 14 bloggers to whom I’m passing on this prestigious award (feel free to check out their blogs, too!!):
- Gloria Richard, fellow easily distracted author Click HERE.
- Patricia Caviglia Click HERE.
- Catherine Johnson, writing for children Click HERE.
- Kim Griffin, getting and staying healthy Click HERE.
- Rhonda Hopkins Click HERE.
- Linda Adams, action adventure for women Click HERE.
- Debra Eve, writing about inspiring late bloomers (like me!) Click HERE.
- Joe Iriarte Click HERE.
- Ellen Gregory, joining the WIP500 resolution Click HERE.
- Casey Wyatt, new Keurig owner Click HERE.
- Colin Falconer Click HERE.
- Emmie Mears Click HERE.
- M C Houle Click HERE.
- Carol Cox Click HERE.
Now it’s your turn guys and gals! Accept your award with grace and have some fun sharing a little about yourselves!
And everyone don’t forget to check out the blogs and see what you’ve been missing!