If you want me to speak to your group or at your event, please complete the Speaker Request Form.
As an author of inspirational fiction and encouraging nonfiction, I love to speak to women about thriving in life. I enjoy book clubs and small groups, as well as larger gatherings, conferences, and retreats.
My popular speaking topics for women are:
- What is love? In 1 John 4:19-21, John declares that we love because God first loved us. What was he thinking of as he penned those verses, and what do his word choices convey to us today about how we should love each other? Approximate speaking time: 90 minutes, or can be combined with the talk on boundaries and extended into a three session retreat.
- Godly Boundaries. Everyone has trouble setting and maintaining boundaries. But can a Christian set boundaries and still be loving? If so, what boundaries should be set? Based on the research and books by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend, Carrie walks through the basics of setting godly boundaries. Approximate speaking time: two hours. Additional session of case studies and practical application can be added; approximate time 90 minutes.
- 4 Secrets to a Great Marriage. Marriage can be tough! Whether you want to give up, are merely plodding your way through, or think life is pretty good, you can hope for more. Even if you are on the brink of divorce, your marriage can become the stuff dreams (and really good romances) are made of. Approximate speaking time: 90 minutes.
Carrie’s Previous Engagements Include:
- Radio interviews include American Family Radio and the WCLN Morning Show
- Protestant Women of the Chapel International Conference, workshop speaker with Major General Robert Dees, 2010
- Southview Baptist Church, workshop speaker at women’s conference, 2011
- Mt. Ararat Baptist Church, ladies Bible study, featured speaker, 2015
- Military Wives Spiritual Resiliency Event, Ft Bragg, featured speaker, 2015
- Military at the CROSS, RockFish Church, featured speaker, 2015 & 2016
- Women of the Chapel, MCB Quantico, retreat speaker, 2016
- Tea & Topics, Fayetteville, NC, featured speaker, 2018
- Courses at the Online Bible College, including A Passion for God’s Word, The Power of the Gospel, How to Teach God’s Word, Living with God, Essential Truths I and II, and Discovering Jesus
- Christian Writer’s Guild Apprenticeship, a 2-year mentored writing course
- Spiritual Development Training, a 24-hour lay counseling class developed by her church’s Senior Pastor, a licensed marriage and family therapist
- Care and Counsel for Combat Trauma, a 30-hour course developed by Cru Military and the American Association of Christian Counselors
- Professional Life Coaching 101, a 12-hour course developed by Light University, American Association of Christian Counselors
“Cru Military, a division of Cru, appreciates the heart, soul, and expertise that Carrie Daws puts into military families. Carrie not only completed Care and Counsel for Combat Trauma (C3T), a 30-hour course developed by Military Ministry and the AACC, but she condensed it into a six-hour course for the lay person. In addition, Carrie partnered with Cru Military in presenting a workshop on the C3T to military women, wives, and chaplains at the 2010 Protestant Women of the Chapel International Conference in Dallas, TX.” LtGen Jeffrey Oster, USMC (Retired), Executive Director, Cru Military, Cru
This MEDIA PACKET is designed specifically for The Warrior’s Bride. It contains descriptions from The Warrior’s Bride and all six books in the Beyond Warrior’s Bride series, a brief author bio for Carrie, two reviews, and five suggested interview questions.
For more information, please email Carrie at Contact@CarrieDaws.com.