Many of you are either military or part of a military family. Or love and support a military family.
That’s why I’m excited to introduce to you the new Military Families Bible by B&N Publishing!
This beautiful, imitation leather Bible (Holman Christian Standard version) includes thirty devotions and thirty prayers written by military authors for military families.
- Seeking fulfillment in your life as a military spouse? This Bible has a devotion for that — written by me!
- Feeling alone during deployment? Yep, a devotion for that too.
- Need a prayer for trusting God’s provision during seemingly dire circumstances? Chaplain (Colonel) John Laing wrote one specifically for that.
- Want some guidance to know how to pray for your solider, sailor, airman, or Marine to follow orders wisely and accurately?
I know most of you are readers and like to hear about great new books or authors. Every couple of months I try to help you out by updating you on something in the publishing world.
In February, I listed ten excellent authors you may not have heard of, and if you missed that post, you can find it here.
This month, I want to share with you the eight best books I’ve read so far this year.
1. A.D. 30 by Ted Dekker. Phenomenal. More than once I identified with the thoughts of the main character, although our lives are tremendously different. I love her interactions with Jesus, but more than that, I was particularly struck by her conversation with Stephen. … Want to read more?
I love the Faith Deployed community–a network of military spouses who join together to love and support each other. And I love Jocelyn Green who started it all, lovingly offering her time and writing talent to encourage where she can.
Today, Jocelyn joins us here to tell us the story of her first Thanksgiving. Okay, not her first Thanksgiving, but the first Thanksgiving she tried to put her best foot forward and create the perfect meal. Can anyone besides me relate to this?
It had started out simple enough. My friend Mindelynn and I decided to host the holiday feast from my apartment near Washington, D.C. for my brother Jason, and my boyfriend Rob. Then we added four more guests, and decided to really let our domestic talents shine.… Want to read more?