Taking a look at the last year and seeing where you are clicking on my website gave me some interesting insights.
In case you missed any, here are my top 10 blog posts for 2014:
1. 4 Book Giveaway (10/31) — this mix of fiction and nonfiction titles drew a lot of interest.
2. Married to the Supersuit (7/22) — the original release of the opening pages of The Warrior’s Bride: Biblical Strategies to Help the Military Spouse Thrive.
3. $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway (6/20) — another, very popular giveaway.
4. Pre-Deployment Checklist for the Military Spouse (10/17) — something I wish I would have had access to years ago!
5. To Military Families, From a Civilian (9/2) — very poignant post
6. The Heart Behind The Warrior’s Bride (6/6) — a brief retelling of how The Warrior’s Bride got its start
7. When the World Seems Lonely (9/30) — a personal story about finding family outside your biological ties
8. Another giveaway! This time it was a mug and tea set (4/18)
9. Book Review: To Comfort a King (5/9) — my thoughts on a historical fiction based on biblical events
10. Top 5 Christian Novels (4/1) — a list of the top 5 Christian novels of all time, compiled from high-ranking books on multiple lists
So what did I learn in reviewing my year?
1. You like giveaways! And that’s good, because in addition to the 12 free books I’m giving away to new subscribers of my blog posts and/or newsletters, I’m working on three additional giveaways this year!
2. I have a lot of military readers. And I’m working on something new just for you! If you liked The Warrior’s Bride, then you’re going to love this.
3. You like when I share my own struggles, disappointments, and fears — partly, I think, because it helps you realize you are not alone. You can look for more posts like these coming on 2015.
4. You are readers — which shouldn’t surprise me at all since most of you found me after reading one of my books. While my decreased blog schedule currently limits the amount of reviews I think I’ll be doing here, I’ll still be reading and posting reviews on GoodReads.com. You can friend and follow me by clicking here.
Did one kind of post stick out to you more than the others in 2014?