The author uses a simple format, introducing each topic then diving into questions about each from people actually going through separation or divorce. Her concern for people as well as the depth of her own experience through both her divorce and her years in ministering in divorce care shows through each page, and while she doesn’t back away from the hard answers, she offers tremendous grace with truth.
DESCRIPTION FROM AMAZON
When Laura Petherbridge realized her marriage was ending, she asked the gut-wrenching question,
“What do I do now?”
Now Laura offers practical answers about divorce that she has found through her own experience and through two decades of caring for those grieving the loss of a marriage. In the midst of pain and confusion, you might also be asking questions such as these:
- How do I find where I belong when I no longer know my identity?
- If my spouse asks for forgiveness, should I go back?
- If I get an attorney, will my spouse think I’m giving up on our marriage forever?
- How do I figure out a budget on my own?
- What should I do when others criticize my ex-spouse in front of my kids?
- How do I reenter the workplace after years of staying home?
- How will I know when it’s a good time to date again?
- Does God still care about me?
- Will I ever be happy again?
With straightforward, sensitive answers to these questions and others, Petherbridge offers real-life help, spiritual insights, and new hope for the future.