Calling all fans to Carrie’s NEW Insider’s Club!
No, seriously. If you aren’t a fan of Carrie Daws, her books and her freebies, her deals and her giveaways, then this isn’t for you.
Okay. Maybe that’s a bit harsh. Perhaps you should keep reading to see what you think.
Something New: Carrie’s Insider’s Club!
We readers expect a lot out of our authors. As do marketers, and publishers, and pretty much everyone in the book world. I’ve never been just a writer, although that’s what I thought I was signing up for eight years ago when I offered my first book to Ambassador International.
I had a lot to learn. And a lot of skills to acquire. About a lot of different stuff.
It’s not just writing either. Writing fiction is different from writing nonfiction, which is different from writing blog posts and magazine articles. That’s a lot to tackle all on its own, and I work on getting better every year.
But I also had to learn a bit about graphic design so you could look at pleasing covers, a beautiful website, and eye-catching flyers. And website functions and plugins and widgets so you could navigate from one page to another without frustration. And marketing, so you would actually hear about the new books and other products I’ve worked hard to produce.
There’s more, but you get the idea.
My Email List
When I started blogging, I created an email list. Well, not really me. I didn’t have a clue how to do that back then, so I relied on my talented webmaster to do that.
I’ve struggled with it over the years. You see, since I write in different genres, I have very different readers. But at the time, I only had one list. I needed to expand. I needed to split the list into groups so I was only sending you (hopefully) what you actually wanted to receive. But that’s a BIG job. And I wasn’t sure how to do that. So, I procrastinated. Okay. I ignored it and lived with the frustration.
Finally last spring, with the addition of potentially serious legal ramifications from the European Union (and their new GDPR law that governs data protection for EU citizens), I worked to divide my list into groups based on what I offered: Weekly Devotions, Deals, and New Releases. That’s worked well over the last year.
But, I have MORE
The problem is that I’ve still struggled. Because some of you want to know more!
- You want to know where I am on each of my not-yet-released books.
- You want to know when I have a new freebie related to previously released books.
- You want to know how I’m doing and how you can pray for me.
- You want to rejoice with me over the big, fun things going on in my life.
And this past season of life, winter 2018-2019, I could definitely have used your prayers. And this season going forward, I have BIG FUN NEWS that’s personal, but the stuff that I know the readers who love me want to know about.
And none of my current lists really allow for that kind of sharing. So, what to do?
Back to the New Thing! Carrie’s Insider’s Club
Yep, it’s another list. Which means a little more work for me, but I think you, my fans, will love it. Subscribers will receive a monthly email update, including things like:
- Exactly where I am with each book currently in production.
- New stuff available on my website!
- Interesting research I’ve come across in preparing to write my books. (You won’t believe some of the stuff I look into that never makes it to a manuscript!)
- How I come up with book ideas, and the process I use to create my characters and plot lines.
- Reader questions! Yes, you can ask me anything! I will strive to answer at least one reader question each month.
- Thoughts about future books and what I’m considering writing about next.
- What’s going on in my life that drags me away from my computer. Sometimes it’s good, and sometimes it’s not. (And sometimes it’s just the beautiful weather outside making me feel lazy!)
So, what do you say? Is it for you? Do you want to be part of my Insider’s Club? The first email goes out in 2 weeks!
*NOTE: Current subscribers to this list can add themselves to the Insider’s Club by clicking on Update Preferences at the bottom of any of my emails. New subscribers, fill out the form below.