Books are expensive. Well, truthfully, in light of a lot of hobbies and forms of entertainment, I’m not sure that’s a fair statement, but the mindset remains.
The question is how can we combat the expense of books without cheating authors out of the money they’ve earned by writing, editing, and producing stories we want to consume?
One answer: The library! They not only provide a selection of print books, but they also jumped on the eBook bandwagon for those of us who like (or prefer) the convenience of eReaders! Even better, YOU can request books you would like your library to stock—both in print and in eBook! Keep reading for the simple instructions on how to do this at your local branch.
But I already own Carrie’s books.
Thank you! Truly. That means so much to me.
But these instructions are still for you! By making these requests, you are putting my books in your library system for other readers to try—maybe readers who have never heard of me. You’re also alerting the library buyers that their readers want Inspirational Fiction and Christian literature on their shelves. It’s a win-win for readers in Christian genres and Christian authors!
To request a print book:
Usually, one or more people are designated to make purchases for your library. If you know a library buyer, consider making a personal request.
If your library has a website, chances are they also have a form where you can request a book be purchased. Some of the places where links to the forms are found include:
- MAIN PAGE —> at the bottom, look for a link called SUGGEST A TITLE
- MAIN PAGE —> ASK US PAGE —> look for a link called PURCHASE
- MAIN PAGE —> BOOKS & MORE MENU —> look for a link called SUGGEST A PURCHASE
- You can also use the SEARCH function, try the CHAT function, or call your local library to ask how to suggest a purchase.
To request an eBook:
If you prefer eBooks, then the answer is simple: Overdrive! If your library is connected to overdrive …
- Log in to your library’s overdrive site with your library card number and pin.
- Search for the title of the book you want to suggest.
- Click the blue ADD TITLES YOU CAN RECOMMEND button at the bottom of the search results.
- Find the title you want, hover over the cover, and click the blue RECOMMEND button.
- Choose NOTIFY ME BY EMAIL IF MY LIBRARY PURCHASES THIS TITLE, BUT DO NOT PLACE ME ON THE HOLDS LIST. Or PLACE ME ON THE HOLDS LIST IF MY LIBRARY PURCHASES THIS TITLE AND EMAIL ME WHEN MY HOLD IS AVAILABLE.
- Enter your email address.
- Click RECOMMEND THIS TITLE.
BOOKS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON OVERDRIVE
For your convenience, here is a list of my books that are currently available on Overdrive, along with their ISBN. We’ll update this list occasionally as new titles become available.
Crossing Combo #1 ISBN: 9781947539105
Crossing Combo #2 ISBN: 9781947539112
A Dream Come True ISBN: 1230002445007
The Embers Series ISBN 9781947539099
The Warrior’s Bride ISBN: 9781620203903